If you want to record videos on your iPhone, things might seem a bit tricky at first. After all, a screen recording app is a special type of iOS app, and not every mobile device can be accessed in the same way. But don’t worry! In this article, we will teach you how to screen record on your iPhone i.e. record your iPhone display, without being a pro or without jailbreaking your iPhone.
When you open the internet to know how to screen record on iPhone, you might find yourself lost in a sea of apps claiming to be the best. The fact is that there are plenty of great screen recording apps available on the App Store. Here, we take a look at some of the best options available — without even using third-party apps!
Screen recording is a cool and easy iPhone feature that you can use to record your iPhone screen and save the video files to your computer or share it with friends.
- The requirement
- How to add a screen record button?
- Let’s start recording!
- How to screen record on iPhone?
- How to screen record on iPhone 8?
- How to screen record on iPhone 11 with QuickTime Player?
- SCREENSHOT IPHONE 13
- How to screenshot on iPhone 13 pro max?
- How long can you screen record on iPhone?
- How to record sound on iPhone?
- How to take iPad screenshot?
- How to add the iPhone button/home button on the screen?
If you’re planning to record your screen on an iPhone, be sure it’s running iOS 11 or a later version. Otherwise, the feature won’t be available.
Once you’ve ensured that you have the correct version installed, look out for the screen record button in the Control Center. If it’s not there, add it. This way, you can easily start recording whenever you need to.
How to add a screen record button?
- Open the Control Center menu by swiping down from the top-right corner (iPhone X or later) or swiping up (iPhone 8 or earlier).
- Find the screen record button (a dot with a circle around it). If you have found it, you can skip to the next section.
- If you can’t find it, tap Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls.
- Scroll down to the More Controls menu and look for the Screen Recording option.
- Tap the green “+” symbol to the left of the text. The feature will jump to the Included Controls menu above.
- You can remove the screen record button from your Control Center any time by returning to this screen and tapping the red “-” symbol.
You can now drag and drop the screen recording button to wherever you want it to be on your Control Center menu.
Let’s start recording!
The screen recording feature is just one of the many iPhone tricks you will want to use repeatedly. After adding it to your Control Center, it’s ready for use, and you can start using it as soon as you start scrolling, swiping, touching, or tapping on your screen. The recording will go on until you stop it.
How to screen record on iPhone?
- Swipe down (iPhone X or later) or swipe up (iPhone 8 or earlier models) to open the Control Center.
- Tap the Record button.
- A three-second counter will appear on the screen. The clock in the upper left-hand corner of the screen will turn red. If you have an older iPhone model, you will see a red bar at the top of the screen instead.
- Tap the screen to close the Control Center. Now you are recording both the video and audio on your phone’s screen.
- For the audio, make sure your microphone is enabled.
- When you want to stop recording, tap the red clock or bar at the top of your screen and then tap Stop.
- The alternate method is to swipe up the Control Center and tap the Record button again.
Now you have your recording with audio, check it instantly if everything went well. If not, record again until you get satisfaction.
The same instructions go for a very common question: How to screen record iPhone 12?
Tip: how to enable a microphone on an iPhone for audio recording?
- Tap and hold the Record button.
- In the pop-up screen, tap on the microphone icon at the bottom, then tap Start Recording. You’ll see the countdown begin.
- Tap twice to exit the screen and close the Control Center.
- Now the microphone on your device will automatically turn on every time you start recording.
- You can turn it off anytime by going back to the same screen and long-press the microphone icon.
How to screen record on iPhone 8?
- Open video mode.
- Press the Record button or hold the volume button to start recording. While recording, you can do the following: Press the white Shutter button to snap a still photo. Pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
- Press the Record button or hold the volume button to finish the recording.
How to screen record on iPhone 11 with QuickTime Player?
How do I screen record on iPhone 11 is a common discussion nowadays.
But let’s talk about out of the box and discuss a Mac supporting video app QuickTime player which enhances the beauty of recording on your apple devices.
When you want to record your Mac’s screen, you can use QuickTime, the video app that supports Macs. It makes it easy to record an iPhone’s screen because it offers a straightforward way to record the screen on an iOS device. In addition, it gives you more control over audio, video, and camera quality by removing the recording red bar. You also can adjust the battery indicator, time, and other indicators on your iPhone so they don’t distract you when recording.
You just need to follow the simple steps:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac via the lightning cable and open the QuickTime player
- Click File then select “New Movie Recording”
- A recording window will appear with the name of your iPhone. Click the little arrow of the drop-down menu in front of the record button, then select your iPhone or iPad
- Select the Mic of your iPhone if you want to record audio
- Click the Record button. Now perform the tasks on your iOS device that you want to record. Once done tap the stop button and save the video.
The power of technology has been making life easier than ever before. How to screen capture on iPhone is no different. It allows us to capture our imagination and inspiration in a way that wasn’t possible before. Whether you’re an amateur or professional movie maker, it will help you produce better content with less cost. We tried our best to show you how to do it step-by-step. Just follow the tips and start booming!
SCREENSHOT IPHONE 13
How to screenshot on iPhone 13 pro max?
iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max have a new version of Face ID. The new Face ID allows you to take a screenshot by pressing the Volume Up button and the Side button at the same time. A screenshot preview will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen.
How long can you screen record on iPhone?
The only limit to video recording is the amount of storage space on your iPhone. You might think you’ve recorded something for a long time, but if your iPhone can’t hold it all, it randomly stops during the recording.
How to record sound on iPhone?
To get started, open the Voice Memos app on your phone or tablet. You will see a large red button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Tap this button to begin recording. Your iPhone is now recording with its internal microphone.
How to take iPad screenshot?
This quick-access button lets you take screen captures. Pressing the top button and either volume button at the same time quickly takes a screenshot. Your device then saves that image in your photo library. You can also access the picture from your notifications.
How to add the iPhone button/home button on the screen?
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Accessibility on an iPhone iOS 13. On iPhone running iOS 12 or previous models, tap General and then Accessibility.
- Tap Touch.
- Tap AssistiveTouch.
- Turn on AssistiveTouch by swiping the button to the right.